I live my life by a set of rules, which I decided to codify and list here. These rules work for my life, but may not work for yours. Your mileage may vary.
- Do not lie (if you can avoid it). Liars ALWAYS get caught. It is inevitable that your lie (no matter how big or small) will come back and bite you in the ass. Tell the truth, it is easier to keep track of.
- Do ONE THING at a time, and DO IT WELL. Multi-tasking is bullshit. Pick one thing, do it well, finish it then move on.
- All laws apply to those who are caught.
- Do not get into a relationship that requires a lawyer to get out of.
- If you are going to be on the spot, pick the spot.
- When the horse is dead, get off.
- Never draw to an inside straight.
- Always fight a bully. You may lose the fight the first few times, but the bully will leave you alone knowing you won’t be pushed around.
- Learning from your mistakes is important. Learning FROM OTHER PEOPLE’S mistakes is smarter.
- All suffering is born of desire. The more you desire, the more you suffer. (Buddha)
- Do not regret what you have done. (Dokk?d?)
- Don’t put your bidness in the street. (Also Sprach der Hutch)
- Do nothing which is of no use. -Miyamoto Musashi
- Do not be late!
- Before a woman can react, she will usually OVERreact. (Mullison’s Law)
- Security is an illusion. You may think that you are secure in your job, your relationship, your health, etc… I got news for you cupcake, you are wrong. You could lose your job tomorrow, you could get hit with the cancer stick and the woman you trust with your life could be going behind your back. Enjoy the moment. Appreciate what you have at this instant, because in an instant, you could lose it all. Live everyday like it’s your last, because it very well could be.
(More rules will be added later)